The expected price of the Kona could be between Rs.7.9 lakhs to Rs.12.3 lakhs (on-road price).
Hyundai India is currently evaluating to launch the Kona Electric in India in 2019.
Kona is powered by a 2-litre four-cylinder engine that makes 147bhp and 179Nm of torque, and is paired to six-speed transmission. But for the Indian market Hyundai Kona is expected be powered by a 1.6-litre petrol engine producing 121bhp and a 1.6-litre diesel engine producing 126bhp.
A 1.4-litre diesel engine producing 90bhp could also be offered in the lower trims. In the local market, the vehicle is likely to be mated to a six-speed automatic gearbox as an option.
Expected Launch Date: Aug 2019 – Nov 2019
- Engine Label : 1.0 Kappa TCi GDi
- Displacement (cc) : 998
- Max. Speed (kph) : 181
- Max. Power (ps / rpm) : 120/6,000
- Max. Torque (kg·m / rpm) : 17.5/1,500~4,000
- Acceleration (0 – 100 kph) (sec) : 12
- Braking Distance (100 – 0 kph) (m) : 35.0
- Number of Cylinders : 3
- Valves of Cylinder : 12
- Transmission Type : 6-Speed Manual 2WD
Wheels & Tires
- Wheels : 6.5J X 16″ STEEL 6.5J X 16″ ALLOY
- Tires : 205/60R16
- Lightest Curb Weight (kg) : 1,233
- Heaviest Curb Weight (kg) : 1,350
- Gross Vehicle Weight (kg) : 1,775
- Cargo Volume (VDA; liter) : 1296
- Overall Length (mm) : 4,165
- Overall Width (mm) : 1,800
- Overall Height (mm) : 1550 / 1565
- Wheelbase (mm) : 2,600
- Front Wheeltread (mm) : 1,575
- Rear Wheeltread (mm) : 1,584
- Fuel Type : Gasoline
- Fuel Consumption (Urban / City) (liter / 100km) : 6.0
- Fuel Consumption (Extra Urban / Highway) (liter / 100km) : 4.7
- Fuel Consumption (Combined) (liter / 100km) : 5.2
- CO2 Emission (Combined) (g/km) : 117