BMW on Thursday launched the new X3 SUV in India in two variants – the Expedition with a price tag of Rs 49.9 lakh and a new Luxury Line design scheme priced at Rs 56.7 lakh (ex-showroom).
The company calls it the SAV or a sports activity vehicle. BMW said the Luxury Line includes “elegant contours and luxurious features, through its fine design elements of high-gloss chrome.”
The X3 is made in India and is currently available with diesel engine option. BMW will launch the petrol version later this year. The established the premium mid-size SAV segment in India and became a trailblazer, BMW X3 Vikram Pawah, president, BMW Group India, said during the launch in Gurgaon.
“The all-new X3 is set to write the next chapter in its success story with an even more striking, dynamic design language, powerful yet efficient drive systems, and luxurious equipment. Practical both on and off the road, the X3 is fully equipped for the most diverse driving demands.”
The 2018 BMW X3 SUV comes in four metallic colours – white, grey, black and blue.
Here is a quick review of 2018 BMW X3 SUV:
- Bolder double kidney grille
- LED headlights
- LED fog lamps featuring a hexagonal design
- LED tail lights combined with a low-slung roof spoiler
- Exhaust tail pipes on both sides in chrome
- Automatic tailgate operation
- Chrome radiator grille bars available with Luxury Line variant
- Underbody protection and classically designed 19-inch light alloy wheels available with Luxury Line variant
- More spacious than the previous model
- Smart key
- Rear-view camera with park assist
- Smartphone holder console providing inductive, wireless charging for mobile phones
- Two-litre four-cylinder diesel engine
- Output – 190bhp and torque – 400Nm
- 0-100kph sprint in 8 seconds
- Eight-speed Steptronic automatic transmission
- xDrive, the company’s all-wheel-drive system