The Redshift SM is the ultimate urban commuter. Built with the DNA of a race supermoto, our Redshift SM eliminates the incessant oil changes and maintenance intervals of its competitors. It’s street-legal, and a potent motorcycle on crowded city streets. Commute, race, and run errands on the Redshift SM.
- ECO : A traction map that offers the best range profile. Also a great map for just starting out.
- SPORT : Performance profile engineered to line up with 250f race machinery.
- PERFORMANCE : Similar traits as the Sport Map but with more bottom end and traction – it also makes a great starting gate map.
- OVERCLOCKED : Maximum torque and power are available without restriction – if you have the skill to control it. Thermal limiting will protect the machine if you push too hard.
THE ALTA PACK
Mile for mile, there is no smaller, more compact, energy dense battery pack in transportation. The Alta Pack is waterproof rated up to IP67, is durable enough to handle shocks and vibes up to 20G, and is digitally self-monitoring.
Our stacked honeycomb architecture allows for extreme energy density at 185 watt hours per kilogram, combined with a unique thermal wicking system to shed heat faster than any other lithium-ion transportation battery in production.
Alta’s liquid-cooled 14,000 RPM motor is pound for pound one of the most powerful in motorsports. It is optimized to the narrow width of the Redshift’s bulkhead and is precisely located at the roll center of the bike.
This placement allows for the lowest polar moment of inertia in motorcycling – drastically minimizing any gyroscopic impediment to handling. The Redshift’s motor weighs 15lbs and puts out 42 HP at the countershaft and pushes power through a 3.5:1 gear reduction to deliver 120 ft-lbs of torque from a dead stop at 0 RPM.
The Redshift Bulkhead—the chassis core—functions as the outer motor casing, the cooling circuit for the motor and inverter, as well as the transmission case for the gear reduction.
Additionally, it is the main structural hub, connecting to the rear suspension, the airframe, the forged monocoque chassis, and the trellis skidframe. All of this integration is coordinated with very specific strength, weight, and stiffness goals to produce the right ride and compliance characteristics at all lean angles, and under impact.
Since 1973 Acerbis has been producing high quality plastic bodywork and the company has worked with everyone from legends like Preston Petty to OEM manufacturers such as Yamaha.
We’re proud to partner with them on the production of our Redshift plastics and subframe in an effort to create the vision of Alta Motors and the future of fast.
WP is the largest motorcycle suspension producer in Europe, and we chose their product for the Redshift due to their technical prowess and ease of tuning.
WP competes globally at the highest levels of competition and that expertise combined with their willingness to try new things has resulted in the Redshift SM using WP 4CS suspension built to our own spec as developed by the team here at Alta Motors.
Brembo S.P.A. is the gold standard for high performance brake systems on motorcycles. Founded in 1961, the Italian company produces a range of products that can be found on motorcycles on the street and the trail. Both the Redshift SM uses cast and machined Brembo calipers.
WHEELS & TIRES
Warp 9 Racing is an American manufacturer of high performance motorcycle wheels. In a short amount of time Warp 9 Racing has gone from a boutique upstart to an OE supplier, offering some of the highest quality wheels on the market.
We chose to work with Warp 9 Racing because their wheels are produced here in the US, and their exacting demands for quality and performance match our own.
- MOTOR : High Speed PMAC
- TORQUE : 120 ft-lbs
- POWER : 42 HP
- TRANSMISSION : 1 Speed
- GEAR RATIO : 3.5 : 1
- MAJOR MAINTENANCE CYCLE : 1000 Hours
- TOP SPEED : 80 MPH
- SPROCKETS : 15F / 50R
- TYPE : Waterproof Li-Ion 350v
- CAPACITY : 5.8kWh
- DURATION : 50 Mile Mix City & HWY
- CHARGER : Onboard
- RECHARGE TIME : 6 hrs(120v)
- ELECTRONICS : Alta-Digital, 4 Maps
- FRONT FORK : WP SMR Fully Adjustable
- REAR SHOCK : WP 5018-Link
- FRONT BRAKE : Brembo Four Piston, 320mm Rotor
- REAR BRAKE : Brembo Single Piston, 220mm Rotor
- WHEELS : Warp 9, 17″F / 17″R
- TIRES : Pirelli, Rosso II
- FRAME : Forged & Welded Aluminum
- SWINGARM : Permanent Mold Aircraft Aluminum
- WEIGHT : 275 lbs(Race), 283 lbs(Street)
- WHEELBASE : 57.3″
- SEAT HEIGHT : 35.5″
- RAKE : 27°
- OFFSET : 18mm & 22mm