German performance car maker Porsche on Monday announced the launch of its new Cayenne Turbo in India with a starting price tag of Rs 1.92 crore (ex-showroom).
Porsche dealerships across India are now taking orders for the third-generation model of the performance SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle) with a booking amount of Rs 5 lakh.
The new Porsche Cayenne Turbo will arrive in showrooms from June 2018 onwards, which is when the company is expected to start the deliveries as well.
“The new Cayenne Turbo represents the start of an exciting introduction phase for us, with the Cayenne and Cayenne E-Hybrid also set to arrive in showrooms later this year. The Cayenne has been one of our most popular models to-date and I am sure that the third generation, which offers greater versatility and more performance than ever before will continue the success story, starting with the Turbo derivative. It is a highly anticipated model and as such we are delighted to offer customers the opportunity to order the latest generation of Porsche’s flagship SUV in India,” said Pavan Shetty, Director, Porsche India.
It will compete with the flagship SUVs of the other performance/luxury brands like the Land Rover Range Rover.
The company has also announced to bring the E-Hybrid version of the car in India later this year.
Visually, the new Cayenne Turbo gets some significant updates which include a redesigned front with LED headlights, standard 21-inch Turbo wheels, widened wheel arches with painted trims, and new twin tailpipes specific to the Turbo characterise the top-of-the-range model.
New Porsche Cayenne Turbo is available/sold in the following colors
- Engine layout : Front-engine
- Design and cylinders : Twin-turbocharged V8
- Bore : 86.0 mm
- Stroke : 86.0 mm
- Displacement : 4.0 l
- Max. power at rpm : 541 hp at 5,750 – 6,000 rpm
- Max. torque at rpm : 568 lb-ft at 1,960 – 4,500 rpm
- Compression ratio : 10.1 : 1
- Max. engine speed : 6,800 rpm
- Max. power per liter : 135.0 hp/l
- Valves : 2 intake / 2 exhaust
- Knock control : Yes
- Valve timing : VarioCam
- Cooling : Water-cooled
Chassis and Suspension
- Front axle : Aluminum multi-link
- Rear axle : Aluminum multi-link
- Brakes : 415 mm brake rotors with 10-piston aluminum monobloc fixed calipers at front; 365 mm brake rotors with 4-piston aluminum monobloc fixed calipers at rear
- Steering : Electromechanical power steering with variable ratio
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) : Component of Porsche Stability Management (PSM)
- Traction control : Component of Porsche Stability Management (PSM)
- Stability control : Porsche Stability Management (PSM)
- Wheels (front) : 9.5 J x 21 ET 46
- Tires (front) : 285 / 40 ZR 21
- Wheels (rear) : 11 J x 21 ET 58
- Tires (rear) : 315 / 35 ZR 21
- Max. ground clearance (air suspension, normal level) : 7.4 in
- Max. ground clearance (air suspension, high level) : 8.4 in
- Max. wading depth (air suspension, high level) : 18.7 in
- Ramp break-over angle (air suspension, high level) : 16.7 °
- Approach / departure angle (air suspension, high level) : 23.3 – 20.4 °
Body & Dimensions
- Length : 194.0 in
- Width (w/ mirrors) : 86.4 in
- Width (w/ mirrors folded) : 78.1 in
- Height : 65.9 in
- Drag coefficient (Cd) : 0.35 Cd
- Wheelbase : 114.0 in
- Turning circle : 39.7 ft
- Front track : 66.5 in
- Rear track : 65.8 in
- Curb weight : 4,796 lb
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) : 6,470 lb
- Maximum load : 1,674 lb
- Towing capacity : 7,700 lb
- Rear luggage compartment volume (w/ seats folded) : 59.3 ft³
- Rear luggage compartment volume : 26.3 ft³
- Fuel tank : 23.7 gal
Service & Warranty
- Limited vehicle warranty : 4 years/50,000 miles (whichever comes first) including 24-hour roadside assistance program
- Main service interval : Porsche Cars North America offers service and maintenance packages in a variety of terms to match your intended usage. Please see your authorized Porsche Dealer for details and availability.
- Limited paint warranty : 4 years/50,000 miles (whichever comes first)
- Limited corrosion warranty : 12 years/unlimited miles
Image Source: Porsche.com