IRCTC, the e-ticketing arm of the Indian Railways, has introduced a new method to book rail tickets including Tatkal tickets via mobile android app IRCTC Rail Connect.
Passengers can now book rail e-tickets including Tatkal tickets through the IRCTC e-wallet. This mode of payment enables users to deposit money in advance with IRCTC website.
The users can include a maximum of six banks in his or her preference list. During the payment process, you can book tickets by selecting IRCTC’s e-wallet service.
IRCTC has also introduced new rules of booking Tatkal tickets recently for those who want to travel on an urgent basis.
Here are the rules for Tatkal ticket booking:
- According to IRCTC, AC Tatkal tickets booking will start from 10 am and non-AC ticket booking to begin at 11 am. One has to book the tatkal ticket a day before the travelling date.
- The passenger can claim a complete refund of fare and Tatkal charges if a train is more than three hours late,
- If the train’s route is diverted and the passenger doesn’t want to travel on that route, he/ she can claim a full refund of the ticket fare.
- A passenger can also claim a refund on Tatkal ticket in case the train’s route is diverted and the boarding station/destination or both are not on the diverted route.
- A full refund of the Tatkal ticket fare can also be claimed if the passenger is accommodated in lower class and doesn’t wish to travel in the lower class and the passenger has paid the difference if he/she agrees to travel in the lower class.
— IRCTC (@IRCTCofficial) May 1, 2018
Steps to follow for booking e-ticket:
1. Visit the official website: www.irctc.co.in
2. Register by filling the required fields
3. Login by entering your username and password
4. The “Plan my travel” page will appear
5. Select From/To station, for which you wish to book the ticket
6. Select e-Ticket option