Ducati India has just launched the 2018 Multistrada 1260 in the country at Rs 15.99 lakh (ex-showroom). Ducati Multistrada 1260 comes in 3 different colour(s) – Iceberg White, Volcano Grey, Red.
The Multistrada gets a new 1,262cc, liquid-cooled, L-Twin motor. It produces 158hp at 9,500rpm, a 6hp increment over the 2017 Multistrada. Torque, too, has gone up by 1.5Nm, bringing the total up to 129.5Nm, which is delivered at 7,500rpm. The new engine features what Ducati calls Desmodromic Variable Timing (DVT), which, combined with Desmo valve actuation, results in good low-end torque. This tech also helps make the engine Euro-IV emission norms compliant.
Price in India
- Chennai : Rs 17,84,522
- Bangalore : Rs 18,69,269
- Kolkata : Rs 18,00,512
- Mumbai : Rs 18,40,487
- Pune : Rs 18,40,487
- Engine Type : Ducati Testastreta DVT with Desmodromic Variable Timing, L-Twin cylinder, 4 valves per cylinder, Dual Spark, liquid cooled
- Engine Displacement (CC) : 1262 cc
- Power (PS @ rpm) : 158 PS @ 9500 rpm
- Torque (Nm @ rpm) : 129.5 Nm @ 7500 rpm
- Bore : 106 mm
- Stroke : 71.5 mm
- No Of Cylinders : 2
- Drive Type : Chain Drive
- Valves (per cylinder) : 4
- Fuel System : Fuel Injection
- Fuel Type : Petrol
- No Of Gears : 6-Speed
- Brakes Front : Disc
- Brakes Rear : Disc
Chassis and Suspension
- Chassis Type : Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Suspension-Front : 48 mm Fully Adjustable USD Forks
- Suspension-Rear : Fully Adjustable Sachs Monoshock Unit. Remote Spring Preload Adjustment. Aluminum Single Sided Swingarm.
Tyres and Wheels
- Tyre Size (Front) : 120/70-R17
- Tyre Size (Rear) : 190/55-R17
- Wheel Size (Front) : 17 inch
- Wheel Size (Rear) : 17 inch
- Tyre Make : Pirelli
- Tyre Type : Tubeless
- Wheels Type (Pressed Steel/Alloy) : Alloy
- Wheelbase(mm) : 1585 mm
- Fuel Capacity (Litres) : 20 L
- Kerb Weight : 232 Kg
- Head Lamp : LED
- Standard Warranty (Years) : 2
- Standard Warranty (kilometers) : Unlimited Mileage your Ducati available all over the world in 48 hours.
- Electric start
- Digital speedometer
- Digital odo
- Digital fuel efficiency indicator
- Fuel gauge
- Low fuel indicator
- Low oil indicator
- Low battery indicator
- Shift light
- Pillion seat
- Pillion footrest
- Pillion grabrail
- Stand warning
- Engine turn off switch
- LED tail lamp
- Pass light
- Alloy wheels
- Tubeless tyres
- Radial tyres
- Elegant and unique : The sleek surfaces, flowing design and volume difference between the front and rear remain the highly characteristic elements that in the new Multistrada 1260 reach completely new quality and finishing standards. Another highly characteristic element of the new Multistrada 1260 S are the Y-shaped 5 spoke wheels.
- New Testastretta DVT 1262 : Thanks to the new Ducati Testastretta DVT 1262 cm3 Euro 4 engine, the new Multistrada 1260 is now even more pleasurable for everyday use thanks to the increased torque at low and mid-range engine speeds. The new Multistrada 1260 is the motorcycle with the highest torque value in its category standing at 4,000 rpm, which is the average rotation rate most commonly used when driving.
- Even more comfort for your travels : New chassis measurements, with a longer swing arm and a new shape at the front end, make tackling curves much more effective, whilst ensuring maximum stability even at full load with side panniers and pillion rider onboard.
- Technological reference point : The new Multistrada 1260 also stands as a technological point of reference: maximum safety with the inertial platform (IMU) that manages both the operation of the Cornering ABS and the Cornering Light. And more: Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, the highly revered Skyhook suspensions and the Vehicle Hold Control that ensures easy and safe uphill starts.
- The road, a free mind : The new Multistrada 1260 has long maintenance intervals: oil changes are scheduled for every 15,000 km, while the “Desmo Service” valve clearance control is required every 30,000 km, distances that allow you to enjoy all your travels, even the longest rides, without any worries.
- One motorcycle, four versions : The new Multistrada 1260 is available in four versions, each with its own distinctive character: Multistrada 1260, Multistrada 1260 S, Multistrada 1260 S D|Air, Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak.
- Maximies the concept of versatility : The new Multistrada 1260 truly maximises the concept of versatility: The new 1262 cm3 Ducati Testastretta DVT engine extends powers even in low gear, the new chassis and cutting-edge electronics improve control and ease of driving in any condition and on any road.
- Multistrada 1260 S D|Air: safety and comfort : The new Multistrada 1260 D | air® offers its rider cutting-edge technological innovation with regard to safety thanks to a system exploiting a wireless connection to the motorcycle that activates the Ducati D | air® by Dainese attire guards in just 45 milliseconds, protecting the vital parts of the rider’s and pillion rider’s body.
- Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak: the king of every mountain : A new engine, with a robust power delivery even at low range engine speed, joins forces with the Ducati Quick Shift gearbox to achieve acceleration and adrenaline when coming out of every hairpin bend. The forged wheels and carbon steel components guarantee weightlessness when changing direction, while the fully adjustable swing arm and Öhlins shock absorber make it possible to achieve maximum precision and sporting performance from the new Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak.