The 2018 Auto expo opened for media on Wednesday and companies like Honda, Hero and Suzuki showcased their scooters. Here is the list of some of the major scooter launches and their quick features:
1. Honda Activa 5G
Honda introduced an updated version of its highly popular Activa called the Activa 5G at a price tag of Rs 54,000 (ex-showroom). The Activa 5G will hit sales in the first week of March.
- 110cc, four strokes, fan-cooled engine
- 8 Bhp power
- 9 Nm peak torque
- CVT automatic transmission
- 18 litres of storage under the seat
- Drum brakes on both wheels
- Combi-braking system, tubeless tyres and steel rims
- Link suspension on front, mono shock absorber at the rear
- 60+ kmpl
2. Honda Grazia
Launched last month at Rs 59,752 (ex-showroom), the Honda Grazia is showcased at the Auto Expo. The scooter is offered in five colour options – Orange, Black, Red, Grey and Blue.
- Dual-LED tail lights
- New instrument cluster
- 125cc, single-cylinder displacement engine
- Maximum power 8.6 bhp at 6500 RPM
- 10.12 Nm peak torque at 5500 RPM
- Alloy wheels
- Front disk brake
3. Honda PCX Electric
Honda PCX Electric was initially unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show and is now been showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
- 0.98kW electric motor
- Li-ion Honda Mobile Power Pack (HMPB) battery
- Desktop charging station
- Traditional plug-in charging
4. Hero Duet 125 and Hero Maestro Edge 125
The Duet 125 and Maestro Edge 125 have been launched by Hero MotoCorp in form of new upgraded models at the Auto Expo 2018.
- i3S engine
- 125cc displacement motor
- 8.5 bhp maximum power
- Peak torque 10 Nm
- Mileage – Duet 125 claims 59 kmpl, Maestro Edge 125 offers 62kmpl
5. Suzuki Burgman
Announced between the price tag of Rs 60,000 to Rs 70,000 (ex-showroom), Suzuki Burgman is expected to go on sale in the Indian market in the third quarter.
- 125cc liquid cooled, single cylinder, SOHC engine
- It measures 2055 mm in length, 740 mm in width
- Wheelbase – 1465 mm
- Seat height – 735mm
- Weight – 161 kg
- 6. Aprilia SR 125 and Aprilia Storm
Italian motorcycle company Aprilia has launched the SR 125 and Storm at the Auto Expo 2018 between Rs 62,000 – Rs 65,000 (ex-showroom). The scooters are expected to hit the Indian roads in the third quarter.
- 125cc displacement engine
- 10 Bhp maximum power
- 10.6 Nm of peak torque